Saturday, June 7, 2014

Another school year has come and gone.....

Hi Sweet Friends!
Well, another school year has come and gone.  It's hard to believe.  My Mom wasn't kidding when she told me in my teenage years that the older you get, the faster time flies.  It's going at lightning speed as I am about to reach my 40's.

As I reflect upon this school year, I think there are SO many things that happen during one school year.  Just think about it....  The growth and change that happens is AMAZING!  I had a great group of students that I enjoyed watching their academic and social growth.  They begin 3rd grade as what seems like just babies and end the year as students who have matured so much that they are getting ready to embark on adolescence.

It was definitely a challenging year for me, not in the classroom, but personally.  I started off the school year blogging regularly and creating products that I could use in my classroom on a weekly basis, and then as the school year was underway, I realized that I had too many things I was juggling.  My almost teenage daughter was going through a difficult time, my second grader had really started off the year struggling with reading, and my 4 year old began his preschool year by screaming, crying, and kicking everyday that I dropped him off at school.  I wish my personality was more relaxed, but it's not.  When something is not going well, I tend to focus most of my energy and time on doing what I can to do to make things better.  

So.... that's what this year was with my own children. SWEET FAMILY TIME.   I NEEDED to spend more quality time with my almost teenage daughter. I NEEDED to make sure I was giving my second grader the help he needed at home to help him succeed in reading.  I NEEDED to be consistent and develop a daily routine that my 4 year old would feel secure with.

So... blogging and creating products had to take a backseat.  I was just unable to manage it all.


Now as I look back upon this past school year, there have been so many amazing changes.  I am so proud of my kiddos!  My daughter is once again a happy, full of life, teenager that has accomplished so much  during her 7th grade year.  My 8 year old ended his second grade year by jumping ahead almost 2 grade levels in reading.  He had an AMAZING 2nd grade teacher!  AND my 4 year old... he loved going to preschool and finally began to interact socially with his teachers and peers by the second semester.  He's even now taking gymnastics and swim lessons.  Something he would have refused to do before this school year began.

As my first full week of summer vacay begins.... I hope to have a few extra hours each week to devote to blogging and creating new products I can use in my classroom this next school year. 

Enjoy your summer vacations!  I hope you have time to relax, recharge your batteries, and read some great books.

AND get some beach time.... It's my favorite summer destination.



No comments: