Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday- July 12

Happy Friday Everyone!

Summer Fridays are just a bit different from those school day Fridays, don't you think?
There are some days during the summer, that I forget for a second what day it is.

I couldn't wait to link up with Cara from The First Grade Parade for:

Here are a few of my FAVORITE pins from the week.   To find out more, please click on each photo to take you to the link associated with each pin.

1.  Math Pins-  I've been working on my Math Workshop this week and have been pinning away on ideas I can use in this area.

 This is called " Think Math".  It comes from Scholastic.com   I thought this would work great as a  "What to do When You are Finished Activity" in my classroom. 

This math activity is called Division or Subtraction Facts Bucket Toss.  It comes from Flapjack Educational Resources.  I LOVE this idea!  Magnets have been added to these small buckets and then placed on a teacher's desk or filing cabinets.  Math problems were written on the bottle caps.  If students answered the problems correctly, they were able to toss the bottle caps into the buckets.  This sounds like such a fun way to practice those math facts.

This is called a Math Rings Game.  It also comes from Flapjack Educational Resources.  Math facts have been written on these plastic book bag hooks. 

2.  Reading Ideas-  My classroom library and reading workshop areas are what I plan to work on next week.

This is such a cute bulletin board display.  It comes from Cupcakes and Curriculum.

Reading Buddies
I LOVE this idea!  I have a wall set aside in my classroom library for this.  We have oodles of those "Beany Babies" in a box at home.  I plan on giving my 3rd graders the opportunity to read with a Reading Buddy during our daily D.E.A.R. time.   Unfortunately this pin did not have a link to a blog post, so I simply linked the Pinterest link to this photo.

This idea would work perfectly in my Daily Word Work Area.  It comes from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits. You can click HERE to check out Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits' post on this amazing idea.  I plan to  use my students' weekly spelling words  with this activity.

3. Inspiration or Favorite Quotes
I love this!  It comes from a website called God's Grace- Daily Inspiration.

I thought this so true.  How many of you when engaged in a conversation and say  "my kids", someone has to ask you is it your own children or your students in which you are referring? 


Have an amazing weekend friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please go check out everyone's Favorite Pins Friday by clicking on the linky button at the top of this post.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your inspiration and quotes pins. It is great to find other Christian teacher bloggers!

Jamie
Sixth Grade Tales
Follow my new Facebook page

Britney Bennett said...

Your pins are so practical and inspiring! I especially love the ordering words or numbers using wooden sticks idea… cutting and pasting can be time consuming!

Britney
Tailor-made Teaching

W said...

I love that teacher's prayer. I need to hang it in my room to read each morning. I also want to make that reading buddies pocket chart. So cool! I love this linky also...I just found your blog and several others for the first time. I'm your newest follower!

Wallis
First Grade Wolves

Lori said...

Reading buddies is a great idea! The kids would enjoy that so much. Great inspirational quotes!
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Cassie Thompson said...

I love those ABC popsicle sticks. Thanks for sharing your pins! :)

Stop by my blog if you get a chance!

Mrs. Thompson
Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)

Teachers are Terrific! said...

The quotes are great- I post a new quote each week on my blog so I am always looking for new ones!

Carol

Elementary AMC said...

I love that math board from Scholastic too. I really like the reading buddies and reading bulletin board - thanks for sharing those!