Friday, May 11, 2012

FRIDAY FREEBIE

I'm celebrating that it's FRIDAY!  I know many of you are busy with end of school preparations.  One of the things I love to do with my class is honor each of them with a fun award.  We have spent 8 hours a day for 175 days with each other this school year.  That's a considerable amount of time spent together.  It's time to celebrate their uniqueness and individuality that each little darlin' has brought to the classroom.  I absolutely ADORE the group of kiddos I have this year.  They are such a fabulous bunch.  I sure am going to miss them next year.  Fortunately, my classroom is in the same hallway as fourth grade, so I will see them often.

Today, I passed out the award recommendation sheets.  We talked about what each award meant.  The students names were written in the box at the bottom of this sheet.  Students had to pick one person for each award. I reminded them to cross out names as they went, so that everyone would be included on this award.  They were so cute as they were voting!  Many were smiling, giggling, and scratching their heads about who to write in the blanks for each award.  Next week on our LAST FULL day of school, we will have a sweet award ceremony in which students will be given their fun award certificates.  I'm also going to give them these cute owl bags I found on ..... Pinterest ( of course).  Take a peek.
 Aren't these so adorable!  On the back of the owl it says " Owl miss you."   The site comes from a Stampin' up Site that has member only access.  So I was unable to access it, but this looks easy to do with construction paper ( or cute owl clip art) attached to the top of a baggie with
Rolos.

If you would like my End of Year Award Recommendation Form and Certificates , simply click on the picture below to direct you to my TPT store. These cutesy certificates are free on TPT until Sunday evening at 10 p.m.  I created 16 different award certificates. I had SO much fun making them.  Most of the graphics are from Michelle at The 3AM Teacher.  I LOVE her graphics! If you download them, please leave some love and let me know what you think.







Have a fabulous weekend!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our beautiful weather warms up to the mid to high 80's by Tuesday.  The 3rd grade teachers in my building get to spend some time in a dunk tank for our third grade carnival.  Twenty minutes seems like such a LONG time when you are sitting above a tank of water ( hoping to stay dry). It needs to be warm because the water is FREEZING.

7 comments:

Casey Wiggins said...

Thanks for the freebie! They are exactly what I need! :)

Casey
Second Grade Math Maniac

5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules said...

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

~Mimi
5thGradeRocks,5thGradeRules

Corinna said...

Krista these are adorable!! Thank you. I was trying to come up with something fun and cute. I went to order Brag Tags today to give to my students and they wanted $35 for shipping to Hawaii!! My order was only $20!!?? Well they got a not so nice email from me about their prices!! Your awards are much cuter!!

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

khall said...

Thanks for the Freebie Awards...I have never done these with my kids but I think fourth graders will have fun voting!

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

So fun!!

Lori said...

I love these! They are super creative and colorful!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Barbara said...

I'm your newest follower. I just LOVE your pretty blog!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs