Sunday, February 2, 2014

It's Currently February

Hi Sweet Friends!

Normally it feels as if these months fly by, but I have to say that January was not one of them.
I am not a fan of cold weather, AT ALL.  This has been the worst winter I can remember in such a long time.  We only had school 12 days out of the whole month of January!

It's been awhile, and I couldn't wait to link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for her Currently Linky.

I'm loving how incredibly sweet and thoughtful my students have been this week.  Seriously!! It just warms my heart.  I tore my meniscus while doing a crazy workout that no one that will be 40 in a few months should be doing ( lesson learned), so I literally hopped on one foot to school the next day.  My sweet students were so concerned because I spent the day rolling around in my office chair around the classroom.  I'm one that NEVER sits except during my lunch.  I had so many sweet notes and help during the week.  I even had one sweet boy who can be a bit challenging say to me, " I feel kind of different today because I know you aren't feeling the best."  It was even his best week yet!!

I've been thinking that with all of this winter weather, my hubs and I need to sit down and plan out our warm weather vacay with the family.  We are thinking of taking the kids to Tybee Island this year.

I really WANT to getaway to a warm tropical place NOW.  Seriously!  I don't like the cold.  I much prefer the sun, sand, and beach.  My favorite place to go would be St. John.  Unfortunately our state tests are just weeks away, so this teacher won't be going anywhere warm and tropical for awhile.

2 truths and a fib:
Truth 1: I can't watch scary movies.  I just can't.  My hubs loves them. 
Truth 2: 
My hubs and I hiked up to the top of a mountain in Alta, Utah last Fall.  It took us only 4 hours to get to the top, but it was worth it.  The view was incredible, and we were literally standing above the clouds.  It wasn't an extremely tall mountain ( elevation of about 11,000 feet) but nonetheless it was challenging.  
Fib:
I spend my summers in the Caribbean.  While my hubs and I joke about retiring and buying a home on Water Island ( near St. Thomas) someday, I am lucky enough to visit somewhere in the Caribbean about every other year.  Love that crystal clear water and sunshine!

Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to check out the other February Currently's.  Click the link below to be taken to them.
http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/01/currently-february.html

5 comments:

Janine said...

Living in Miami, I am going to have to say how jealous I am of your snow days and the cold weather! I know, we always crave what we don't have and then want what we have when it is gone! I would trade a few days with you so we could both enjoy the weather we crave! I tore my meniscus many years ago in a car accident and it has been great because I can predict the weather, lol! I too hate scary movies, I can't even listen or watch the commercials. I actually cover my ears, close my eyes and hum loudly until I feel the commercial is over!!! I hope you get to your tropical paradise this summer and that the snow lets up soon.

Faithful in First

Raye said...

I am with you on planning a warm vacation! I hate winter (so why do I live in Michigan?? lol) and this winter has been brutal! Indoor recess and I are now clear enemies.

Of course when its 99 degrees here this summer and I'm complaining about how hot I am, everyone can remind me of the -30 degree days we had this winter ;)

Literacy Teacher said...

I would love to be somewhere warm right now, too! Darn groundhog. LOL !

Unknown said...

We booked our spring break in NC on Topsail Island...hopefully it will be warm! It was cheap, we're going with friends and are just looking forward to getting away from work and home for a bit.
Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog. I am doing a February Holiday TpT pack giveaway!
Lindsay
If You Give a Teacher a Treat

Erika said...

Krista,
I notice your header is out of whack. Send me an invite and I'll fix it up for you. peschaff@bresnan.net