Sunday, June 8, 2014

Starstruck over Winter.....

Can I just say I fell in LOVE with the movie Dolphin Tale?
My children watched it over, and over, and over.
I even showed it to a class of 3rd graders after we had studied about marine animals.

So.. when my family and I had the opportunity to be in the Clearwater Beach, Florida area a few weeks ago, I just had to stop by and see Winter.

I'm a little starstruck over that adorable dolphin. Is anyone else?


I was so impressed with all of the marine animals that the volunteers were helping with.  Each animal had a story on why it was rescued, and how the animal found its way to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.


We were able to see 3 dolphins while visiting the aquarium.  Those were Hope, Winter, and Nick.

I have to say Winter did not disappoint.  When we were first there, she was just resting in the water. 
Later we went downstairs to the underwater viewing area.  Hope and Winter were catching some food while we were down there.
Then the magical thing happened.  My hubs was wearing bright orange which must have caught Winter's eye because she swam right up to us.  It was so very cool!
Besides the beautiful Clearwater Beach, this was one of the highlights of our trip to the area. 
If you are studying marine animals, Clearwater Marine Aquarium has some fabulous resources to use on its website...See Winter.com 

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation! I bet my son would love it!

What I Have Learned