Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Way out Wednesday and PicMonkey

What a crazy mixed up Wednesday it has been!  It's the last day of the school week with students, so it seems like a Friday. We have an professional development day tomorrow on the Common Core .  My kiddos have been excited about their 5 day break from school...... we just returned from spring break last week.


I wanted to share another great way to crop and edit your photos.  If you are like me.... I've been a little bummed about Picnik closing on April 19.  Yikes!!  I've been searching for another photo program that would be easy to use.  I came across PicMonkey in a blog post a couple of weeks ago.   It's from the makers of Picnik.  I gave it a whirl yesterday to see how user friendly PicMonkey would be.   I liked it.  It worked for the kind of editing that I wanted for my photos. You don't even have to register to use it.  
Just click HERE to check this out.





Have a great evening!  I would love to hear about your favorite photo editing program. 


6 comments:

Amber @ Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher said...

I am bummed about Picnik closing! I will have to check out your new site.

We are supposed to have field testing after spring break. I'll let you know what I think.

Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher

Stephanie @ 3rd Grade Thoughts said...

THANK YOU for the note about PicMonkey- I have been lamenting the day Picnik closes down and this sounds like a great fix- I will check it out now :)

~Stephanie
3rd Grade Thoughts

Christi said...

Oh my gosh, I hate to hear that about the Common Core/NWEA. We looked at the standards and starting putting together on our curriculum day and I knew it was going to tough. Paradox? C'mon!

Christi ツ
Ms. Fultz’s Corner

Kim said...

Hi Krista! Thanks for visiting my blog! I tried to sign up to follow you, but I have already been following you for a while...

So bummed about Picnik!

Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade

Corinna said...

You know I use Picasa for a lot of my photos, but Picnik was so simple and had such cute things. I will check this one out:) I also stopped by to let you know you have been tagged! Surf on over when you get a chance:)
Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Literacy Teacher said...

Just stopped by your blog. You have some great ideas! I am now following you!