Friday, April 6, 2012

Tag, You're It!!

Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you are finding some time to rest and relax.  I have to admit I have enjoyed reading all the posts with the interview questions.  What fun!  Corrina from Surfin Through Second just tagged me.. so I it's my turn.    I only wish the interview took place in Hawaii...  ( This is where Corrina teaches.)
 Here Are The rules:

* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
Here are Corrina's questions..... As I answer these I'm visualizing palm trees swaying in the breeze and listening to the ocean waves (rather than at my dining room table listening to my two oldest argue over something irrelevant).....  I may never want to leave this interview.  lol 
1. What is your favorite sweet treat?  I love chocolate especially Reeses' Peanut Butter cups.  My kids had better hide any of those treats the Easter Bunny might bring them.  :)
2.  What other profession besides teaching did you aspire to?  I can always remember wanting to be a teacher....

3.  What talent do you possess that not many people know about?  This talent is such a  secret that I don't even know it......  

4.  Who is a celebrity that you would love to meet? I would love to meet Reese Witherspoon.  She seems so adorable and down to earth.  I think she would be a lot of fun to talk with.

5.  What inspired you to become a teacher?  Two people in particular inspired me.. . My fifth grade teacher cleary sticks out in my mind, his name was Mr. Gill  We did the most amazing things in his class.  I remember getting to make apple cider and then paint our names on his old green truck. It was something each class got to do every year.  Such fun!!  We also went on a camp-out.  ( That would never happen nowadays).  There were many parent chaperones.  We had to cook our own food on these bunsen burners we created in the classroom, and repel down a small cliff.  I still see him time to time when I go home to see my Dad.  I think Mr. Gill is in his 80's now.   
My 2nd inspiration was my youngest brother.  He is about 7 years younger than me, and he struggled in school.  I can remember him sitting at the table in tears over his homework ( he was probably 7 or 8).  My Mom and I would kind of tag team when helping him with this homework.  I remember thinking how I didn't want him to feel so frustrated.... that was what had influenced me to go into special education at first.
6.  If you could do a Teacher Exchange program for a year, where would
you want to teach?  I would love to teach in Australia.  My first year of teaching in a K-2 resource room, we had pen pals from Australia.  It was such a blast to hear about their culture and way of life in comparison to ours.

7.  What is your favorite pair of school shoes?  Flip-flops ( when I can sneak them in.. they are banned at our school)  Generally  I wear flats or wedges that match the outfit I wear that day.  I can't stand to teach in anything with a heel... I'm not talented enough to walk in them all day either without falling.

8.  What are your top 3 favorite places to shop?  The Loft ,  Kohl's ( my favorite place to buy clothes for my kiddos, and Kohl's has such great sales), Lands End.....  I like Old Navy also ( can I pick 4?)

9.  What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you
while teaching?  Hmmmm.. this is when I wished I had kept a notebook of funny things that kids say and funny things that happen at school.   ... Several years ago we had a class hamster.  Often the kids would earn with their good beahvior the chance for the hamster to stroll around in its little plastic ball while they worked... On this one particular day ( as our school board was at our school for a visit) one of my students went to the restroom and happened to prop our classroom door open with the door stop.  Our hamster rolled right out of our classroom in his little ball.  Once I realized he was missing, I saw the school board in our hallway.  I was panic stricken. ... what if one of the school board members saw our hamster rolling down the hall.. or worse yet what if the hamster had rolled to the nearby steps and plunged down into the basement.  Within ten minutes our hamster was returned in a cardboard box.... by the Superintendent.  He had a smirk on his face as he asked if this was our hamster. 

10.  How/Why did you get into  blogging?  I was inspired by the wonderful ideas I found from others on Pinterest and the blogs I was reading.  I can truly say I am a better teacher for blogging. The resources I have found are amazing!! It has been so much fun, and I have met so many fabulous teachers.   I am proud to be a part of this community.
Thanks Corinna!  This was so much fun.... 
I just tagged:

Christi from Ms. Fultz's Corner

Elizabeth from Fun in Room 4B







Here are my 10 questions:

1.  What is your favorite way to relax after a rough day in the classrom?




2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?




3. How/Why did you get into blogging?



4. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go and why?



5. What is the one thing you could not do without in your classroom?



6.  Who or What inspired you to become a teacher?



7. What is one of your funniest teacher moments?

8. What book are you reading right now or who is your favorite author?

9.  What is your favorite group/artist to listen to currently?


10.  What are 3 of your favorite places to shop?

I can't wait to read all of your answers!!


Check back again!  I can't wait to share with you how we've been getting ready for Easter.




1 comment:

Corinna said...

Omg, I love Reeses too, I purposely buy the big pack at Easter so I can have a few;) Australia would be so much fun to visit, I think that is on our family trip list-lots of surfing! I wear flip flops every day unless it's PE day:) I loved reading all your answers, thanks for playing along!!
Aloha,
Corinna