Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure where to begin.  It's been such a long time since I've blogged regularly.  I've almost forgotten how.  I feel as if I have writer's block.  I have good intentions, have taken photos of activities in my classroom but when it comes time to sit down and write.... I JUST CAN'T.

2013 was so good to  my family and I.  We were so blessed!!  Truly we were.  Please don't get me wrong because there were many  challenges and rough roads in 2013 as well.  Raising  2 "almost" teenagers in a blended family is TOUGH.  I can't tell you the number of times I have prayed fervently for wisdom, guidance, and loads of patience.  God has taught me so many needed lessons this past year through my children. 

Have you made many New Year's resolutions?!
My first resolution is to introduce my sweet family  (a little bit at a time) to healthier "clean eating".  If you have picky eaters like I do, you know how challenging this resolution will be.  I've been scouring blogs and Pinterest for clean eating recipes and have already tried out one on my family.  It was a hit for the most part.  Baby steps....
My second resolution is to try and get over this writer's block and blog at least once a week.   It seems so easy.  I'm generally a  private person, so sometimes this in itself is a road block to my blogging.

Before I close this post, I just have to share some newly discovered things over my break. I highly recommend checking them out.
1.  Did you grow up watching Full House?  Do you remember D.J.?  Well Candace Cameron Bure  has a new book out called Balancing It All.  I have enjoyed reading this so much! 
http://www.amazon.com/Balancing-It-All-Juggling-Priorities/dp/1433681846
She seems like such a sweetheart.  I just discovered her blog as well. Click HERE to check it out.

2.  Stitch Fix.... For some of you who already use this you may know about my soon to be obsession.  This site allows you to sign up and enter in your style preferences and size ,and then voila a box of clothing and accessories that have been chosen by a stylist for you arrives at your door.  This cost $20.00 which can be applied towards your clothing purchases if you choose to purchase anything from the box that is sent to you.  I just signed up for my first "Fix", and can't wait for it to arrive.  I will have to share this first "fix" with you when it arrives.  If you would like to find out more or sign up, please click HERE.


As we begin 2014, I hope that it is a wonderful New Year for you and your family! Many blessings!!


1 comment:

The Craft of Teaching said...

I LOVED that show! I might have to check out her book! :-) Thanks for sharing and happy new year!

Nichole
The Craft of Teaching