Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tuesday

I'm having so much fun participating in the Teacher Week linky party at Blog Hoppin.
 Today it's Technology Tuesday.  I have already jotted down several sites I want to look at and try.  I have also got some great ideas on new IPAD apps to add to our classroom IPAD.

Here are a few of my favorite websites that I integrate into my curriculum:

1.  Brain Pop


 Our school has a yearly membership to Brain Pop.  I LOVE to use Brain Pop when introducing new concepts.  Last year my students enjoyed Brain Pop so much, they would ask if I had a video for it when introducing a new concept to them.

2.  Aplus Math
My students love the game room on this website.  It's great for practicing multiplication facts.  I often have one of the classroom computers set up with this website for students to access when they are finished with their work.

3. Spelling City

This site is one of my favorites to use with my students.  I love to put it on our
classroom Promethean board for the whole class to view and participate in the spelling activities.

4.  Giggle Poetry
I love to use this site with our poetry unit and use in our literature stations throughout the year.  This year I hope to incorporate this into our Daily 5 "Work on Writing".

These are just a few of my favorites that I use on a regular basis in my classroom.  I love to integrate technology into my lessons.  I'm so fortunate to have a Promethean board and even IPADs in my classroom.  Often I have been fortunate enough to "Google" a concept we are working on, and sites with educational games I can use online pop up.  I have found several games to use with teaching grammar through Harcourt School.

Don't forget to check out all the awesome technology ideas at Blog Hoppin.  Just click on the link below.
 

1 comment:

Kelly Benefield said...

Thank you for sharing. I have not discovered Giggle Poetry. I can't wait to check it out. I'd love for you to visit my blog!

Kelly
Teaching Fourth