Saturday, July 14, 2012

Ready for school anyone??........... AND Target finds

So I've been home EVERYDAY 24 hours a day for almost 8 weeks already with my kiddos and can I say I"M READY FOR SCHOOL TO BEGIN.  Seriously.... I can handle 28 kiddos in a classroom but give me 4 at home, and I'm about to go out of my mind.    Does anyone else ever feel this way??  Please don't misunderstand... I LOVE my children and have enjoyed this time with them BUT..


I know I can't be the only parent out there ready for school to begin.  Lately when I've gone to the pool, supermarket, even the ballpark I've overheard parents saying, " I can't wait for school to start."   Maybe I'm in the middle of the summer slump.  I am so anxious to get into my classroom and get it completed, but I am only able to go in one day a week since that's the day I send my sweeties to the sitter.  I tried earlier last week to go into school with my 2 year old and 6 year old in tow.  Needless to say my 2 year old ran off down the dark hallways with a basketball in search of a gym ,and it took us half an hour to locate him.   This 2 year old has NO FEAR.

Oh but just wait... give me a few weeks into the school year and late evenings in my classroom and then you'll be hearing me say, " I miss my kids and am ready for another summer with them."  I guess I'm impossible to please.


Okay.. enough whining complaining....  My daughter and I went to Target at the end of the week to get everyone's school supplies.  I LOVE school supplies.  I had to stop by the dollar bin and check out what was in there.  Here are a few things I picked up:

 I purchased a couple of $1 pocket charts.  I plan on using one with the Math Station Bulletin Board from the Clutter Free Classroom.  I also found some cute apple post-it notes.  ( Who can have enough post-its?)  I also found some small baskets to use with my writing center supplies, labels ( I'm going to put on one of my Made It Monday Projects), and these fabulous dry erase pockets.  There were only 2, so I'm hoping to  check out another Target for a few more.  ... There were also these fabulous Dr. Seuss erasers, bookmarks, and pencils that I WISH I would have gotten.  They would be perfect for Read Across America with Dr. Seuss in the spring.  I was also tempted to get the mini plastic organizers to use with games, but I resisted.   ( We already had a cart overflowing with school supplies for 3 kids so I felt guilty buying anything else.)

Have a fabulous weekend!  We are off to see the new Superman movie with our kids.  THEN I have to do something with all of this:
We will be eating much salsa and spaghetti this winter.  :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I got those Target finds, too! I am really happy I found the dry/erase pockets. Those will come in really handy!
Thanks for sharing!
~Andi

Corinna said...

I get so jealous of everyones Target finds. We do not have a dollar bin here, and I couldn't find those cute wipe off pockets:( I did find some cute things for my desk though and they were all under $1:) Great finds! I am lucky Krista, the rec center provides a Summer Fun program for my kids. It's only $30 for 6 weeks from 8-2. Crafts, games, dance and swimming!! I hope you find some peace soon;)

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

A Teacher Without a Class said...

I wish my tomatoes looked that great!

Dani said...

I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger award!

-Dani
A Place to Thrive

forkin4th said...

Just found your blog, and I love the ladybugs. Happy to be your newest follower, and thanks for sharing your Target finds - I'm putting off my visit until I have my school purchase order in hand! Check out my blog and enter to win my sunflower life cycle giveaway - wishing you the best WINNING luck!
:)
Antonia
forkin 4th