The week has been flying by!!!! I can't believe it's already Thursday. Woohoo!! I wanted to share one of my FAVORITE pieces of technology that I have in my classroom, the Promethean Board. I feel so fortunate to have this, and my students LOVE it! It's been such a great addition to our classroom. I still have a lot to learn ,and many of my students know more about it than I do. ( I love that about kids.. They can pick up on technology so quickly. It's AMAZING!)
Here are a few resources I have found that are great with the SmartBoard/Promethean Board.
1. Spelling- a great resource for games and spelling practice is http://www.spellingcity.com.2. All subject areas- Brainpop offers video clip introductions in about any subject area. My kids ask for them... Our school purchased a membership, but you can get a one week free trial to see what you think. http://www.brainpop.com
3. Jeopardy Game for all subjects- I found a great Jeopardy game generator that can be used in review in all subject areas. Lots of fun!! http://www.superteachertools.com/jeopardy/
4. Reading- Our school uses the Houghlin Mifflin Math Series and a school in Virginia has some great powerpoints and additional resources that go with the 3rd grade reading series. http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/pfes/third%20grade/reading%20home/reading%201.htm
5. For Younger Students PreK, K and 1 the PBS website has some great interactive tools for reading, spelling, and even math. http://pbskids.org/whiteboard/
6. Math- I found a website called The Teacher's Guide. It even lists the grade levels on this site. Simply click the grade level and math area you would like a game on, and examples will pop up. Very cool! http://www.theteachersguide.com/InteractiveSitesMathSmartBoard.htm
7. President's Day Resources- The first website is a virtual tour of George Washington's Mt. Vernon home.http://www.mountvernon.org/visit-his-estate/virtualtour
Another site is a photo tour of Abraham Lincoln's house in Springfield. http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/sites/home.htm
..Many of these sites would also work well with simply a projector and your computer.
I would LOVE to hear how you use the Promethean/Smartboard in your classroom. Please send me any of your suggestions.
Thanks for stopping by!!!