Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ode to Mom....... Join the Mother's Day Linky Party

I cannot believe that May is just around the corner.... and all of you know what that means.... time to break out those Mother's Day ideas.   Take a look at some of the Pinterest inspired ideas I found.   Loving these!!!    Also check out April at  Wolflicious' Mother's Day Linky Party.  Click HERE to join in.


1. Bouquet of flowers using handprints..... CUTE!   You can find this idea HERE at The Trendy Tree House.  You also have to check out this blog.  Lots of great ideas for home and family.
2. Fabulous books to read your students before beginning their Mother's Day activities.  Here's one of my favorite books:
You can find a list of other books and some fabulous Mother's Day activities to do with your class HERE at First Grade Best.

3. A basket of flowers...... before creating read " I Love You Stinky Face" by Lisa McCourt to your students.
 You can find the directions to this basket of flowers and 39 other fabulous Mother's Day Ideas HERE at Kiboomu.   Take some time to look at this site.  It has terrific crafts and projects for kids.

4. A great activity for older students... ( I think this will be one of the things my students will be doing this year).  Newspaper Activity for the World's Best Mom!  Click HERE for directions and the free printable of the newspaper form.  It's from Martha Stewart. 

5.  The Card..... You have to have a Mother's Day Card.  Check out this cute idea using a cupcake paper and picture of your student.  Too cute!

I want to give credit to the blog this idea came from.  Check it out HERE.

6.  I LOVE this idea too..... a bouquet of roses with coupons.
You can find out about this project at First Grade a la carte by clicking HERE.  Oh by the way, this is another awesome blog.  Check out the fabulous ideas.

These are just a few of the adorable ideas I found... Now how do I narrow it down to just a couple to do with my class?!!!

Don't forget to check out the Mother's Day Linky Party for more great ideas and to simply link up.







3 comments:

Lori Rosenberg said...

Thanks for posting all the cute Mother's Day activities!

Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
Teaching With Love and Laughter

Wolfelicious said...

Thanks so much for linking up!!

April
Wolfelicious

Anonymous said...

I love the newspaper idea, but it wouldn't load on the Martha Stewart. Could you possibly email it to me?

shelly.self@scisd.net