Monday, February 6, 2012

Character Education Activity/Valentine's Day

Okay, I have to admit that I am no fan of Monday.  Why is it that I can have my plans  organized and ready to go before school Monday morning, but when I walk into my classroom that morning it feels as if I am unorganized and unprepared the WHOLE day?!!  Does anyone else ever feel that way???

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I wanted to do a character education activity with  my kiddos.  I wanted to use the book  Have you Filled A Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud.  You can find my lesson idea with "bucket filler" cards on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kids-and-Kindness-Valentines-Day-Activity  I just LOVE this book.  After hearing a few of the discussions in my class this morning, I thought it would be VERY appropriate to do now.  Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful class and have enjoyed them immensely.  I just think they need a reminder of how some of the things they are saying to one another might make the other person feel.



My bulletin board is ready and waiting to fill with lots of notes tomorrow!  I'm hoping this positively influences my students while they have some fun.



No comments: